Projects per year
My primary research interest is in personalised medicine, pharmacogenetics, and small molecule analysis, such as drugs and biomarkers. My secondary research activities involve pharmacy practice and pharmacy education. We have a network of research collaborators at various universities, research institute, and external stake holders.
Some of the current active projects are listed as follow
- TabCheck project – Develop drug detection tool from saliva and/or urine sample testing to help determine and improve patient compliance in long term medical treatment.
- Pheromone project – Identify signature pheromone as biomarker from sweat and/or saliva sample to help screening and diagnosing common mental illness.
- Healthy retirement project – Primary health care disease prevention – Identify and develop early intervention tool to help prevent negative health behaviour (e.g. weight gain) at critical life events such as retirement.
- Pharmacy practices – compounding medicine – investigates and provide recommendation to regulating bodies about scope of service delivery, improvement, and innovation
- Pharmacogenetics and personalised medicine – investigating the effect of individual’s genetic and molecular signals to determine their health and response to drug treatment.
- Identify strategy to improve hydration status of athletics to maximise game performance – an investigation of non-intrusive dehydration marker and long term effect in chronic kidney disease. (Project lead by external collaborative partner)
- Natural product project – Analysing novel chemical from plant/ environment origin for pharmacological property. (Project lead by external collaborative partner)
Evaluation of Pharmaceutical Compounding Training in the Australian Undergraduate Pharmacy CurriculaKosari, S., Buss, V. H., Peterson, G. M., Yee, K. C., Naunton, M., Bushell, M., Chiu, L. & Thomas, J., Mar 2020, In : Pharmacy. 8, 1, p. 1-7 7 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Bushell, M., Shield, A. & Yee, K. C., 13 May 2020, In : Australian Pharmacist. 39, 4, p. 30-38 8 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Yee, K. C., De Marco, M., Salahudeen, M. S., Peterson, G. M., Thomas, J., Naunton, M. & Kosari, S., 15 Jan 2020, In : Pharmacy. 8, 1, p. 1-6 6 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile2 Downloads (Pure)
Kosari, S., Yee, K. C., Mulhall, S., Thomas, J., Jackson, S. L., Peterson, G. M., Rudgley, A., Walker, I. & Naunton, M., 14 Oct 2020, In : Pharmacy. 8, 4, p. 1-10 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article
Identification of Risk of QT Prolongation by Pharmacists When Conducting Medication Reviews in Residential Aged Care Settings: A Missed Opportunity?Christensen, L., Turner, J. R., Peterson, G. M., Naunton, M., Thomas, J., Yee, K. C. & Kosari, S., 4 Nov 2019, In : Journal of Clinical Medicine. 8, 11, p. 1-9 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile